There are only a few wall mounted air purifiers available on the market, but still options are available from leading brands like RabbitAir, Fellowes and Blueair.
This article gives a run-down of the six best wall mounted purifiers, their key features and other less widely available options for smaller budgets and smaller rooms.
If you are short of space in your office, home or bedroom then a wall mounted air purifier could be the best option to provide fresh, clean air without impacting on floor space.
A wall mounted air purifier can be a great option to help keep the purifier out of the reach of kids, ensure good air circulation (due to elevated position) and keep surface areas of a room clear to avoid clutter.
1. RabbitAir MinusA2 – Best all round wall mounted air purifier
The RabbitAir MinusA2 is the absolute best option if you are looking for a wall mounted air purifier.
The MinusA2 comes in at a mid-level price range and packs a good punch in terms of feature and technology. Also, RabbitAir is a well known and trust brand.
The main pull of the RabbitAir unit is it’s sleek design, versatility due to customizable covers and advanced features. This purifier makes a great additional to any room and will fit in seamlessly.
The Artists Series of custom covers includes designs from the likes of Claude Monet, Vincent Van Gogh, Katsushika Hokusai, and original designs by Rabbit Air’s creative team or lighten up your home with our Peanuts or Hello Kitty Special Edition air purifiers.
The RabbitAir Minus A2 is thin and elegant and has a side mounted mood light, remote control and operates at incredibly low noise levels of 20 decibels at low fan speeds and only 45 decibels at high fan speeds.
In terms of specs the unit is capable of changing the air in a room of up to 700 square feet in size, has a six stage air filtration process and a range of use specific filters for added impact.
Customized filters are available for the following:
- Germ defense
- Pet allergy
- Toxin absorber
- Odor remover
RabbitAir’s BioGS HEPA Filter boasts the following specifications:
- Traps allergen and particles 0.3 microns in size at 99.97% efficiency
- Reduces build-up of common allergens including dust mites, mold, pollen and pet dander* trapped on the filter
- Reduces the growth of bacteria and viruses on the filter**
- Prolongs optimal filter efficiency
- Backlit – side mounted mood light
- Versatile design – customizable covers
- True HEPA and activated carbon filter (BioGS)
- Advanced HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- Room coverage of up to 700 sq. ft
- Smart features – sleep mode
- High CADR (200 pollen, 193 dust, 180 smoke)
- Optional negative ion generator
- 2 year filter replacement (estimate)
- Silent – low speeds 20 decibels, high speed 45 decibels
- Price may be too high for some budgets
- Blueair Pro XL is a better option for bigger rooms
What’s in the Box
- MinusA2 Air Purifier
- Remote Control
- Filter Case
- User’s Manual
- Medium Filter
- BioGS HEPA Filter
- Customized Filter
- Activated Carbon Filter
- Wall Mount Kit
RabbitAir MinusA2 – Final Thoughts
The RabbitAir MinusA2 is the best option for those who place a high degree of importance on design, versatility and personality. The unit is one of a selected few ai purifiers which can be wall mounted and is available in a range of stylish covers and boasts high-end technology like customizable filters and smart modes.
2. Blueair – Pro XL High Spec Option (wall mount sold separately)
The Pro XL from Blueair is an incredibly powerful and advanced air purifier. A wall mount bracket kit is available at additional cost.
For most use cases this purifier is somewhat overkill, but if you are looking for a unit which has the absolute best performance levels and can be fixed to a wall then this is your best option!
Blueair are a trusted Swedish brand and considered to be market leaders in air purification.
The Blueair Pro XL is a large robust unit with 3 independent fans, v-shaped filters and strong eco credentials.
With a capacity of 1180 square feet, low decibel sound levels (even at high fan speeds), low energy usage and affordable filters this a great purifier for those looking for extra power.
- Designed for large rooms – suitable for offices, homes, workspaces
- 1180 square foot room capacity
- ACH 5X
- CADR – 950 dust – 800 smoke
- 32 to 58 decibels sound range
- Smart sensors – auto air quality monitor
- Uses less electricity than a light bulb
- Clean air delivery rate of 950 per cubic feet per minute with 5 air changes per hour
- Auto fan speed setting
- Three independent fan speeds for support for 210 – 330 – 990 feet per minute airflow
- Low energy usage levels of 33 – 57 – 256 watts
- Touch controls on the top of the unit
- Filter replacement indicator
- Anti-bacterial filters
- Fully recyclable filters
- Low replacement filter price
- Swedish design
- V-shaped filters
- Very expensive air purifier
- Additional cost for wall mounting kit
Other wall mounted purifier options – AirFree, Webetop Fellowes and LNLN
3. AirFree Air Fit 800 – $
- Good budget option for up to 180 sq. feet
- No filter as uses thermal heating element
- Low level of noise
4. Webetop 6 in 1 Air Purifier – $
- Good for large rooms up to 322 sq. feet
- 6 stage filtration process
- Smart air quality sensor
- 4 fan speeds
- Real time temperature and humidity sensor
- Compact design
5. Fellowes AeraMax Professional 3 – $$$
- Well-known brand
- Specifically designed for wall mounted use
- Low unit availability
6. LNLN Air Purifier Wall-Mounted – $
- 4 stage air filtration process
- Negative ions feature
- 50 decibels low fan speed noise level
- Touch panel control system
Reasons to use a wall mounted purifier
There are lots of reasons why a wall mounted air purifier may be the only or best option including the following:
Small home or room size
If you have a small home or need to situate a purifier in a small room, then mounting the purifier to the wall will help make the most of the room size and leave space for furniture etc.
Less floorspace used
Floorspace is a premium in small rooms or work spaces which need large desks or workbenches. Often fixing a purifier to the wall will maximise floorspace and avoid the unit getting the way in a busy environment. Fixing the purifier to the wall will stop people tripping over the unit or it having to be moved around frequently.
Need to keep purifier away from children (safety)
If you have small children or babies you may be concerned that they may get hurt by sticking fingers into the purifier or even slot toys into the expensive device causing it to break.
Wall mounting a purifier solves this issue by keeping the unit of the reach and eyeline of small kids.
Elevated position is better than on the floor
If a purifier is placed on the floor it won’t perform optimally as can only reach and purifier a small portion of a rooms air.
Fixing a purifier to the wall in an elevated position, will mean that the device can purify the air of a whole room easily.
If you are looking a for a wall mounted air purifier, we would suggest the MinusA2 from RabbitAir as it represents the best in terms of price range, air purification capability and offers a versatile design and lots of fun covers are available!