Guardian Technologies company info
Guardian Technologies is a well-known and respected American brand, which sells air purifiers, ultrasonic humidifiers, UV air sanitisers, diffusers and heating towers.
The company has a huge range of 38 air purifiers on the market, 21 of which are tower types units. Prices start from the $99 to $149 price point.
This makes the brand a great choice in terms of price and also wide range of products available. Meaning that the brand is a good choice when buying a first air purifier.
All purifiers from Guardian Technologies feature true HEPA filters, are AHAM (Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers) verified.
Products from the leading brand, often use the company proprietary Germ Guardian technology which harnesses UV light technology to kill airborne bacteria. Essentially the Germ guardian filter is more than just a filter, the UV-C light kills germs, while the charcoal filter captures odors and true HEPA filter removes 99.97% of airborne pollutants.
One of the key attractions of Guardian Technologies as a company is the huge product range available, meaning customers have a lot of options when choosing an air purifier.
Air purifier product range
Guardian Technologies breaks their product offering down into the following categories:
Air purifier type Products available
Table Top Air Purifiers 3
Tower Air Purifiers 21
Refurbished Air Purifiers 6
Console Air Purifiers 4
Smart Air Purifiers 2
Pet Pure 2
Popular Guardian Technologies air purifier products
The following are the most popular purifiers from Guardian Technologies which will suit a wide range of budgets, room sizes and users cases:
Germ Guardian AC4300B – Great multi purpose purifier
Germ Guardian AC5900W – Best all-rounder quiet purifier suitable for large rooms
Germ Guardian AC4100 – Affordable home office option
Germ Guardian AC4150BLCA – Best for nurseries and kids room (ceiling night light projector)
Air purification process
Guardian Technologies purifiers feature a three stage air purification process which includes the following steps:
HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of dust and allergens as small as .3 microns such as household dust, pet dander, mold spores and plant pollens.
Charcoal filter reduces common odors from pets, smoking and cooking.
UV-C light technology works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce airborne bacteria, viruses, germs and mold spores.
Top Guardian Technologies air purifier product
The chosen top product from Guardian Technologies is the Germ Guardian AC4300B which features an optional UV light.
The purifiers Pet Pure filter features an antimicrobial agent which is added to the filter to inhibit the growth of mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria on the filter’s surface.
A five speed fan which can be set to an ultra-quiet sleep mode with countdown timer.
Replacement filters cost around $30 depending on purifier model and will need to be replace every 6 – 8 months.
GermGuardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier, UV Light Sanitizer, Eliminates Germs, Filters Allergies, Pets, Pollen, Smoke, Dust, Mold, Odors, Quiet 22 inch, 5-in-1 Air Purifier for Home, Black
- 5-in-1 air purifier for home – electrostatic hepa media air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- PET PURE FILTER – An antimicrobial agent is added to the filter to inhibit the growth of mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria on the filter’s surface
- KILLS GERMS – UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
Guardian Technologies pros
- Huge range of air purifiers – currently 38 available to choose from
- Well established American company – selling related items
- Good energy consumption – Energy Star Certified & Carb Compliant
- Often 5 fan speeds, equipped with ultra-quiet sleep mode with countdown timer
- AHAM verified
Guardian Technologies cons
- Mainly tower designs
- Some models lack auto fan speed function
- Industrial product design which may not appeal to some
Why choose Guardian Technologies purifiers?
Huge product range and selection of purifiers to choose from, good energy ratings, good range of fan speeds from a well established company.